Monday 27 January 2014

Sparkly Queen St. Mitts

IMG_9414
IMG_9417
Pattern: Queen St. Mitts by Glenna C.
Yarn: TFA Cosmic Blue Label Fingering Weight Yarn in Lucky Penny.
Ravelry project page here

Sparkly fingerless mitts in one of my favourite colourways... need I say more? This project was a fairly quick knit, however I fell victim to "second mitt syndrome" which slowed things down a bit. I've had these off the needles and in rotation since November, but then I fell victim to another knitting problem "failure to photograph syndrome". No idea what took me so long to haul out the camera and get Chris to take photos of me awkwardly positioning my hands on my knees... it didn't take more than a minute to do and now I've got a lovely FO to share! 

These mitts are really just that, super lovely. The pattern has bobbles and cables and a really neat reverse stockinette stitch gusset that I love. I'm thinking that fingerless mitts should be the new sock. You've got that thumb gusset instead of the heel gusset and once that's done it's just a simple tube really, much faster than socks and just as portable. A great vehicle for fun bobbles, cables and lace. I need more fingerless mitts in my life.