Wednesday 15 January 2014

Hat inspired by shirt

IMG_8671
Pattern: Grammy' Hat
Yarn: Green Label Aran Weight in Chris Grey, Velvet, Seabreeze, Peacock and Olive

Whilst Christmas shopping in December I picked up this shirt for my brother Vince. I love a comfy long-john shirt and I was immediately drawn to these stripes. I just love the colour combo. If they made this shirt for women I'd buy it and my brother and I would look like twins. But I digress. Around that time, Vince had misplaced his favourite hat so I decided to make him a new one and to use this new shirt as inspiration! Worked like a charm. I'm so happy with how the hat turned out, and Vince loves it too!

This was a fun exercise, it combined colourways that I would never have combined on my own. Olive and Peacock? I never would have thought of it, but I love it! Inspiration is all around us!
IMG_9080