Friday 17 January 2014

Fashion Friday - Reverb

IMG_9222
IMG_9228
IMG_9239
IMG_9241
IMG_9242
Featured Knits: Reverb designed by me!
Yarn: Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in Hayloft colourway.


I designed and knit this cardigan for Brooklyn Tweed's Wool People 5 collection back in the summer of 2012. I was barely pregnant when I finished it and then sent it off right away. I have been looking forward to the day that I'd get the sample knit back so I could try it on a non-pregnant me and see how I liked it. Guess what... I love it! It's exactly what I wanted it to be. I liked it when I designed it, I liked seeing it on the model and I've liked all the gorgeous versions I've seen pop up on Ravelry, but I love it now that it's part of my sweater wardrobe. It's straight, not fitted, and I like that. Fits more like a jacket, especially with the stand up collar, and I like that too! Don't you love it when a knit works out? I also, kind of surprisingly, LOVE the colour. Take a look at my sweater collection, I have very little in the gold/rust/brown spectrum. Shockingly, I find this colourway extremely wearable. It seems to go with all the bright purples and blues that I tend to gravitate towards. 

So, there ya go, Reverb revisited. Have a great weekend!