Wednesday 1 January 2014

Rainbow Twist

IMG_9181
IMG_9179
Pattern: Rainbow Twist by Thao Nguyen
Yarn: Malabrigo Rasta in Piedras colourway
Ravelry project page here.

I have very grand plans about putting together a proper New Year blog post. I'll sum up 2013 and make big, yet achievable, goals for 2014. But that will take me a bit of time to put together. So for today I'm catching up with an overdue FO post. 

I bought a skein of Malabrigo Rasta years ago (probably 6 years ago?) and it has sat in my stash until very recently. In December, while in Toronto I picked up another skein of Rasta (it's so bulky and glorious, I couldn't resist!) and decided that it was time to bite the bullet and put those skeins to use. It was so silly to procrastinate on, it's literally one night, one skein, one cowl, done! I knit one cowl for my sister and gifted it without taking a photo. Then I knit this cowl for myself. I'll be 100% honest. I love this cowl, though I pretty much only wear it indoors. Weird right? The thing is, it hangs just so around the neck, which looks lovely, but leaves my throat exposed to the frigid -20C weather we've been having these days. I've tried bunching it up under my coat to tighten it and really wrap myself up in warmth, but it doesn't stay put that way and isn't comfortable. I'm fine with wearing it around the house though, it is a pretty cute look I think. Those giant stitches make me giggle every time I look at them!