Monday 4 March 2013

Ruby - my favourite bunny

IMG_3765

My most amazing mother in the world hosted a beautiful baby shower for me last weekend. The afternoon was perfect, so much thought and care was put into organizing a memorable event. Family came in from out of town, friends gathered, baby and I were extremely spoiled and I am still quite overwhelmed to be surrounded by so many loving, generous women who are all sincerely happy for me, Chris and baby. What a feeling to be able to look around a room and see the all those smiling faces sending me nothing but happy thoughts. Yup, we're the luckiest. 

My sister gave me Ruby the rabbit pictured in the photo above and I don't think that she could have picked a better stuffed animal to start off baby's collection. I'm going to have a very hard time parting with her when baby arrives because I just love her so much! It's super soft, and those garter stitch feet and ears!!! I don't think that there is another stuffy out there that is more quintessentially "Tanis". The rabbit face and proportions even remind me of my very own beloved pet Snoopy. Good work Lilia. ;)

And can you spot the other very special gift in the photo above? The baby blanket in the background was knit by my very sneaky mother who went behind my back and with the help of Chris stole inventory from me to knit me a gorgeous heirloom blanket. I'll forgive her for the theft because the blanket is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Lots more photos and details to come.