Monday 24 October 2011

Fairview Scarf Pattern

On Saturday I posted about my new Red Label yarn, it's now available in my shop in all of my colourways! Looking for the perfect project for one special skein? Introducing the Fairview Scarf:

Fairview Scarf

I designed this lacy scarf to use up every last yard of one precious skein of my Red Label Cashmere/Silk Single ply yarn. The graphic, geometric lace pattern packs a lot of punch! Knit in the luxurious single ply merino/cashmere/silk blend of TFA Red Label, this soft and airy scarf is just the thing to keep the chill away.

Fairview Scarf

Details

Size: finished scarf measures 14” x 62” after wet blocking.
Yarn: 1 skein of Tanis Fiber Arts Red Label Cash Silk Single 115g = 420 yds. sample shown in the Gold colourway.
Needles: 4mm straight or circular. Or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 20 sts and 30 rows in lace pattern after wet blocking.

All the pattern details can be found here on my website .
Ravelry pattern page here. 
$4.00 CAD
Fairview Scarf Pattern - Sneak peek



Thanks very much to Pauline for test knitting this pattern for me. I've been wearing mine for a couple of weeks now and I love how soft and light it is. The finished scarf is 14" x 62", which is to say, pretty big! One skein really goes a long way. I'm not joking when I say that I designed this to use up every last yard, both Pauline and I only had a few yards left after casting off. If you're not sure about your gauge, I'd recommend weighing your yarn periodically to make sure that you'll have enough for the bind off.