Monday 6 July 2009

Girasole

Yesterday I made a trip back out to parents house, with my camera this time, to take photo's of my finished and blocked Girasole.

I blocked the blanket on their king size bed, as you can tell from the photo below, this is a very generously proportioned blanket.


I don't know where I would have blocked it if they didn't have such an enormous bed! I don't have carpet in my apartment, I would have had to rig some sort of mattress and box spring apparatus!

I love this blanket! It's wooly and cozy, fun to knit and fun to look at. I would definitely knit another one. I think I'll take a cue from Connie and knit my next one in TFA yarn, something a little bolder. I really enjoyed discovering the Cascade Eco Wool that I used for this project. I definitely have future projects in mind for this yarn.


For me, one of the neatest parts of this project was the knitted on border. I'd never done one before and was really delighted to discover that it was easy, satisfying, seamless and oh so pretty.


Even when it's not in use this blanket makes a lovely accessory draped over the back of a rocking chair. It kind of looks like the hem of a fancy skirt.


I'm pretty sure I have a crush on Jared. Such a smart, talented, artistc, male knitter! Those aren't words that I often string together. Sigh...