Tuesday 27 November 2012

mittens!

Thrummed Mitten Kit update! Last Friday's Etsy update, which included what I considered to be a whole lot of thrummed mitten kits, was a hit. Thanks to everyone who swooped in and picked up some special one of a kind yarn! And sorry to everyone who didn't get a mitten kit because they sold out so fast! I am already working towards another thrummed mitten kit only Etsy update that I plan to have ready by Monday at the latest. I'll keep you posted about that. 

In other mitten news: remember this hat? I loved the yarn, but the hat just wasn't working for me, so I ripped and re-knit the lovely mcn worsted weight yarn in Stormy into a pair of mittens! The pattern is my own and is super simple, yet effective. I wore them all weekend and can attest to their warmth and cozy fit. 

IMG_2480

To test my pattern I cast on for a second pair, this time in Green Label Aran Weight yarn in Poppy (an impossible colour to photograph!) I should have the pattern available soon.

IMG_2478