Monday, 4 March 2013

Ruby - my favourite bunny

IMG_3765

My most amazing mother in the world hosted a beautiful baby shower for me last weekend. The afternoon was perfect, so much thought and care was put into organizing a memorable event. Family came in from out of town, friends gathered, baby and I were extremely spoiled and I am still quite overwhelmed to be surrounded by so many loving, generous women who are all sincerely happy for me, Chris and baby. What a feeling to be able to look around a room and see the all those smiling faces sending me nothing but happy thoughts. Yup, we're the luckiest. 

My sister gave me Ruby the rabbit pictured in the photo above and I don't think that she could have picked a better stuffed animal to start off baby's collection. I'm going to have a very hard time parting with her when baby arrives because I just love her so much! It's super soft, and those garter stitch feet and ears!!! I don't think that there is another stuffy out there that is more quintessentially "Tanis". The rabbit face and proportions even remind me of my very own beloved pet Snoopy. Good work Lilia. ;)

And can you spot the other very special gift in the photo above? The baby blanket in the background was knit by my very sneaky mother who went behind my back and with the help of Chris stole inventory from me to knit me a gorgeous heirloom blanket. I'll forgive her for the theft because the blanket is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Lots more photos and details to come. 

13 comments:

  1. I noticed the most excellent blanket, and Ruby is too much!!! Did your sister make it?

    I am glad you had a super baby shower. You only get to have a first baby once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both bunny and blanket are truly beautiful. The world needs every beloved baby it can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby is so cute and awesome! I can't wait to see more of that blanket, it looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilia nailed it! It's Snoopy-esque, refreshingly colorful, and oh-so-cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack Ruby is adorable and has TFA written all over it. I'm so glad you and baby TFA were doted on, can't wait to see that blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby is terribly sweet -- looking forward to a future photo of Ruby with Baby/Toddler TFA! And I recognize the blanket pattern; can't wait for details and more pics of it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, so cute!! And don't worry -- the baby's stuff is kind of your stuff too, especially for the first year or so. :) I'm sure Ruby and the gorgeous blanket will be well-loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bunny but can't wait for more details of the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bunny is perfection- As soon as I saw it, I thought that maybe you had made 'improvements' to one! Indeed, a perfect gift. And that is a beautiful blanket, your mom is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recognize that blanket pattern! ;-). Love it!!! ... And the bunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm curious what the blanket pattern is -- it's perfect :) Love the bunny too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to answer questions right here in the comments, so if you ask a question, be sure to check back because the answer might be here waiting for you! If you have a really specific question that deserves a more in depth answer be sure to leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can get in touch with you.