Thursday 28 March 2013

In case we have a girl!

IMG_3824
Since we don't know whether this little baby I'm carrying is a boy or a girl we have amassed an absolutely beautiful collection of white, grey, cream, yellow, mint and seafoam baby clothes. Which is all fine by me because I love babies is soft, soothing colours. I feel like it makes them at least appear to be calm and serene (my baby will be calm and serene right?)
IMG_3805
While we're in the hospital we've been advised to keep outfits simple, they told us that the last thing we'll want is a bag full of adorable dirty baby laundry to wash when we get home. However, I need at least one super cute knitted outfit to bring baby home in. I like to be ready for any baby knitting situation. If we have a girl, I want her to have something really pretty to wear home.
IMG_3842
So, the other night I took survey of my baby knits and picked my Watercolour Blank Canvas as my "Baby Girl Coming Home Sweater". Then to turn it into an outfit I knit a hat and booties to match. I LOVE the hat. I think that the bow is almost too cute for words (it's a tiny version of Julie's Strada Headband bow and it's perfection). The booties are so tiny and squishy and I really hope that they fit. They may only fit for a week, but that's fine by me. They're a really quick knit (I may have cranked out 3 more pairs after I finished these) and I think that they're going to stay on baby's feet really well. 
IMG_3844
This outfit, along with a coordinating onesie and pants are packed up in my hospital bag ready to go just "in case we have a girl". If we have a boy? Don't worry, I'll be ready for that too!

Patterns: 
Sweater: Blank Canvas Baby Sweater by me!
Hat: Easy Peasy Newborn Sock Hat by Keri McKiernan
Booties: Oh! Baby Baby Booties by DoubleDiamondKnits

Yarn: TFA Blue Label Fingering Weight yarn in lots of leftover bits. 

Ravelry Project pages: Sweater, Hat, Booties