Friday 25 May 2012

Club - May 2012

Cachou Cowl - May 2012 TFA Year In Colour Club

I think it's safe to say that it's officially summer here in Montreal. The weather has been amazing (though I'm always a little nervous when it's this nice and hot this early in the season... what does July have in store for us!?) Summer has a way of eating away at our knitting mojo. I knit with wool yarn all year long, I don't care how hot it gets! But one thing that I do appreciate in the summer are smaller projects. One skein wonders that don't weigh me down. This months Year In Colour Club pattern is just the thing! The Cachou Cowl, by Hilary Smith Callis (aka: the Yardniad) is light and airy and is perfect for warm weather knitting. The Thrills colourway is a really pretty soft purple with shades of pink and blue. I really wanted to mention how apropos it was for the season in my purple posie blog post, but wasn't ready to give away the colour just yet, so I bit my tongue. ;) 

Cachou Cowl - May 2012 TFA Year In Colour Club

This cowl has a really beautiful scalloped edging. I love how it softens the linear trellis lace motif.  

Cachou Cowl - May 2012 TFA Year In Colour Club

Can you tell that I have a lot of fun doing these photo-shoots? I start off all serious with my best model faces but it always degenerates into full-blown belly laughs.