Wednesday 8 June 2011

In Progress

Lots going on over here at TFA. I have several projects on my needles and tons of ideas in my head. I realized today that there was lots that I haven't blogged about yet, so I'm going to fix that by bringing you up to speed on what I've been working on. 

Pearl Shrug from Vintage Baby Knits by Kristen Rengren:
Fail - Pearl Shrug from Vintage Baby Knits

I started knitting this just the other day. Chris and I were asked to babysit a friends 4 month old baby girl this Thursday (I'm really looking forward to it, she's a real cutie!) and because I can't see a baby without wanting to have some sort of handknit nearby, I cast on for this neat little shrug. I figured it would be a quick knit and I'd be done in no time. The construction is really interesting, it's fun to make. But the truth is, I think it's kind of funny looking. It's all those loose, loopy stitches, I think it's just not really my style. I also got completely stuck on the sleeve. I made one last night and did it totally wrong, after reading here on Ravelry the correct way to do it I'm going to attempt to re-knit it, there's no way the weirdo sleeve that I knit is going to fit into that sleeve opening. I think I'll still try and finish it, but I'm feeling kinda 'meh' about the whole thing at this point. The yarn I'm using is a very old skein of TFA Blue Label in some unknown colourway, I think it was a trial version of Ultraviolet, it reminds me of my beloved hydrangea.

Next up is a summer cardigan I've been working on for some time now. I've been referring to it as my Ombré cardi.

Ombre Cardigan - in progress

I'm knitting it with two strands of Pink Label Lace weight yarn held together in Cobalt and Midnight. I've sort of stalled on this project just because I'm at the point where I need to make a decision about the hem and I haven't felt like thinking/doing math. But I'm feeling jazzed about having this cardigan done and actually wearing it, so I think I'm going to buckle down and try to make that happen sooner than later.

Last on the list for today is a colourwork project I started last week.

Flowers and Hearts; a design in progress

This project is working out really well. I love the flowers and hearts, I love the scale, the neat turned under hem on the inside out cowl pictured above. I've got tons of yarn left over, so I'm thinking about some fingerless gloves to match. 

There are other projects going on as well, the 70's inspired granny square baby blanket, a pair of Teal cashmere socks, and lots of notes on paper about new projects that I want to start...