Monday 20 June 2011

Clara Dresses (plural)

I've been eying the Clara Dress pattern on ravelry for quite some time now. It's the perfect little dress. Seeing this version (prettiest photo's ever!) and this version (that baby looks adorable in her dress!) really put me over the edge. The reason I hesitated and didn't knit this dress sooner is because the pattern is only available as a kit. I knew I didn't want to knit it in the alpaca yarn included in the kit, I wanted to knit it in a hand dyed yarn, so I chose a pretty, soft grey yarn to come with the pattern that I'll use for another project down the road. I'm thinking it might become a hat like this.

One of a Kind skein

As soon as I had the pattern in hand I cast on for my little dress with a One Of A Kind colourway that I loved too much to part with. I finished the dress yesterday and dug through my mom's extensive button collection to find the perfect button. And find it I did! Just look at this beauty!

Clara Dress - Best button ever!

I am crazy for that button. The dress is currently drying on my patio table and I have already cast on for a second version in a lovely pastel colourway from Hedgehog Fibres. I am completely smitten. 

Clara Dress version 2.0 in progress.