Wednesday 8 September 2010

They wrote about me in Vogue Knitting Fall 2010

Wow, so cool. In the most recent issue of Vogue Knitting International, the Fall 2010 issue, on page 28, there is a little write up about me!!! Woohoo! Probably the high-light of my professional career. Very cool. Of course, I ran out to buy this issue as soon as I heard it was on the news stands! Keeping in mind the fact that I am very biased because I now definitely think that this is by far the best issue of any magazine... EVER, I'd like to let you all know that I love this issue. I think I'm going to get a subscription to Vogue Knitting from now on. There are several patterns that I'd really like to knit for myself in this issue.

I love this fair isle hat. I've tried to knit the popular beret style hat in the past, and they are just not for me. But this one is a bit different, it's not so much a beret as it is a slouchy tuque. I think that the patterning is very pretty and that this slouchy hat might be just right for me and my curly hair.


This argyle turtleneck is just so fun. I like the striped diamonds on the front and the way that they are tied in with a completely striped back. You can't see it in the photos I've shown but the cuffs are pink to echo the pink stripe in the argyle, very cute. I'm not sure that I will actually ever knit this, but if I do I think I'll have it forever and it would always be a little bit funky.


I love the cables in this smocked cable coat. I would love to knit this jacket in my Green Label aran weight yarn in Stormy or Moss, its military inspired and would really look great in a dark colour.


And lastly, this off center zipper cardi. This piece, like all the other patterns I've selected, is a style that I would be drawn to and definitely want to buy were I to see it in a store, but it's not the type of thing that I would typically knit. I think its because I consider it to be too risky. It's modern and fashion forward and a bit edgy with the asymmetrical hem, I would love to own it, and I'm making a vow right here and now to start knitting more projects like these from now on.


I love to knit, I knit all the time. But it seems like lately I've been sticking to simpler garments and shapes. Or accessories where proper fit isn't crucial. I have not been tacking risks and knitting daring garments that are hip, modern and fashion forward. Garments that are cooler and far more unique than anything that designer shops sell. Off course I'll always have a pair of socks and probably a simple shawl or two on the needles, but I'd like to push my knitting boundaries a bit and branch out. I may fail terribly and end up knitting only plain socks for a year to get over it, but I'm going to cast on for a difficult new knit next.... just as soon as I finish up all my current WIP's.