Tuesday 28 September 2010

TFA Tuesday - Grannyknits4u's Sprossling

I have been a big fan of Anne Hanson's design's for some time now. Her blog is full is beautiful WIP's and she's forever working on a new masterpiece. I don't know where she gets all her brilliant ideas, but I don't question it, I just sit back and enjoy the gorgeous designs that are the fruits of her labour. 

This week's inspirational knit is by grannyknits4u (blog). She's knit the beautiful Sprossling (rav link) pattern out of TFA Blue Label yarn in the Peacock colourway. Just look at that perfect fit! Doesn't it look amazing on her!? Here is the link to her project page, she's got lots of helpful information there as to how she made her decreases.


This is a really great yarn to pattern pairing. The pattern is textured and interesting, but not too overwhelming to hide the subtle shadings in the yarn. I wish I had this sweater. I think it would become an instant favorite that I would throw on exactly as it's pictured, over a t-shirt and jeans. And in such a fabulous colour, it really brings an outfit to life!


I've already added it to my list of "must knits". That list is getting awfully long.....

photo credit: grannyknits4u ravelry project page.