Monday 27 April 2009

Knitters Frolic 2009!!

I'm back from the Frolic! It was one hectic weekend, but it was definitely worth sacrificing a little sleep for. For me, it was a huge learning experience. I had no idea what to expect, I didn't know how I was going to set up my booth, I didn't know if anyone was going to be interested in my booth or if anyone would have ever heard of me... it was all new and exciting. Everyone was so nice and so happy to be there, touching yarn, hugging yarn, appreciating yarn and giving lots of lovely feedback. The volunteers that put on the whole event were fantastic and so helpful. I had an extremely positive experience. People actually had heard of me and were excited to see me! It was great to be able to talk to the people that knit with my yarn, people were very encouraging and it was really nice to hear that kind of positive feedback from knitters who really use my product. It was equally great to see someone's face light up when they learnt about my company and saw my yarns for the first time. I was thrilled! 

A couple other highlights include meeting Laura from Cosmicpluto, she was very nice and since she's such a knitting star I was very flattered that she was interested in my yarn. Also, I got to see this amazing shawl in person (as well as the lovely and cool person wearing the shawl) I'm definitely going to be making one for myself. Very cool. 

So, here are some pictures of my booth, my mom and I spent hours figuring out how it was all going to work, but in the end I'm really happy with how it all came together. 

Here's an overall shot before we hung the sign, mom made me pose with it:


This was the sock yarn section, we had a rainbow theme going on, I have a hard time getting away from lining stuff up colour wheel style.

The aran weight yarn also got displayed in it's rainbow on a shelf in the front of my booth, with puddles of colours cascading around the bottom.

The lace weight got it's own corner of a table. Finally, this picture also shows off a decent view of my adamas shawl. 

The booth was colourful and full of goodies to fondle. My mom was such an amazing help during this whole process, she helped me label, package, organize and plan and then when this weekend finally arrived she helped me set up and then worked the booth with me! She's my first employee and was a real lifesaver. She's pretty much the best! And to top it all off since I didn't leave my booth for a second she bought me this book I'd been coveting for a while as a little token to make up for all the things I wasn't able to shop for at the Frolic (I'm telling you, it was like torture, I was surrounded by amazing yarn and goodies but wasn't able to shop!) I love my mom. 

Here's one last parting shot of my basket of sock yarn, I may just leave this basket exactly like this on my coffee table, it's yarn art.