Friday 3 April 2009

Favorite colours today

I haven't been knitting as much as I'd like to be lately. I've got a pesky wrist injury that acts up every once in a while, and it's been acting up in a big way this week. I even went out and bought myself a brace! Since I've been doing lots of dyeing, I thought it wise to cut back a bit on the knitting, too much wrist action could take me out of commission for longer then I can afford.

When I have been knitting, I've been working on this February baby sweater in a new dk weight yarn I'm dying. 

It's in my Ultraviolet colourway, and I'm really loving it. Of course the pattern is great, and I've always been a blue/purple/turquoise person, so combined, it's my perfect little sweater. I don't have a baby in mind to give this too, so I may just hang on to it for a little while.

Next I have a few more colours that were drying next to each other on my drying rack the other day and I just fell in love with them mingling together.


It's Sand, Amber, Garnet, Plum, Midnight and Moss. On the drying rack it was really only the Amber, Garnet and Plum, 3 colours that I wouldn't have combined, but I really like the way they work together! I added the Midnight and the Moss to round out the rainbow, and I'm considering making myself a pair of better fitting Fiddlehead mittens with the whole spectrum. So many possibilities! I'm really excited about my dk weight yarn (I'm thinking it's going to be called "pink label") because I think it's going to be the perfect yarn for colour work!

Lastly, here's a photo of my drying rack's, always full of colour and inspiration. Fun to look at.