Tuesday 4 February 2014

A different kind of Etsy Update

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7th FROM 8am - 8pm EST

FebEtsy
Shop will appear empty until exactly 8am (EST) on Friday at which point the yarns will be listed.

We are very excited to be trying something a little different for this Etsy Update. We have chosen 6 colourways and will be dyeing to order. This allows us to offer these 6 colourways pictured in large quantities in the following bases:

Green Label Aran Weight
100% superwash merino
115g (4oz) = 187m (205yds)

Purple Label Cashmere Sock
70% superwash merino, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon
115g (4oz) = 365m (400yds)

*New* Amber Label Cashmere/Silk DK Weight
75% superwash merino, 15% cashmere, 10% silk
115g (4oz) = 242m (270 yds)
Edited to add: this base will be listed at $32 a skein, just like it's big brother - Orange Label!

These yarns will go live in my Etsy Shop at 8am (EST)and will be available for 12 hours only or while quantities last. I really hope to have some available for a good part of the day. However I'd definitely recommend checking in early in the day if you have your heart set on something specific. I have allotted a certain number of skeins for each base. I'll start out the day with an even number of each colourway but am reserving the right to redistribute yarn availabilities as I see fit throughout the day.  For example, if one colourway sells out in Green Label very early on and I've got another colourway that isn't moving, I will borrow some from the less active colourway to add stock to the sold out colourway.

I am pretty crazy about all 6 of these colourways. Right this moment I'm staring at a skein of Aurora on my desk and I'm thinking that it just might be the best colourway that we've ever dyed. I love it. I'm also very happy to be able to offer a new base in this update. A very luxurious DK weight, merino/cashmere/silk blend that would knit up beautifully in any use; sweaters, shawls, accessories, this yarn takes the dye beautifully and I think you'll love it.

Since we will be dyeing to order for this update please allow 2-4 weeks for shipping and 4-6 weeks for delivery.