Thursday 31 May 2012

Silver Hat

I want to thank everyone who left such thoughtful and helpful comments on my last post about finding balance. It's somehow comforting to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with it. The overall consensus seems to be to do what you feel like doing when you feel like doing it, if it's knitting today, drawing tomorrow, that's fine! 

I've got a new hat to share with you today. I knit this hat as a sample for my booth at the Knitter's Frolic last month. It's my Cabled Canuck pattern knit up in the new Orange Label yarn in the Shadow colourway. This yarn is so incredibly soft and silky (obviously, since it contains both cashmere and silk!) and in the shadow colourway it really looks like silver. I love it! 

Cabled Canuck in Orange Label Shadow - yum
Cabled Canuck in Orange Label Shadow - yum

This hat uses just under 1 skein of yarn and is the perfect project to try out this amazing base. I highly recommend it!