Monday 4 April 2011

Welcome to the Team Julie!

When I started TFA about 3 ½ years ago, it was a solo effort. It was just me, at home with my yarn and my dyes. Chris was supportive, and he helped whenever he could, but for a long time it was just me. It was fun to be doing something that I loved so much, but isn’t doing something that you love always so much better when you’re doing it with people that you love?

Flash forward a couple of years and TFA has officially turned into a team effort. Chris and I work full time and it feels like mom is here helping out more often then she’s not. Stella has always provided emotional support, but other than her cuteness, she doesn’t really bring that much to the table.

I am so excited to officially add another member to the TFA family. Introducing, TFA’s Director of Awesomeness, Head of Social Networking, Media, News, Designer Extraordinaire, Super Friend, Super Gal: Julie Crawford!


DSC_0751

You all know Julie from the wonderful Knitted Bliss blog. I’ve loved Julie’s blog and knitterly style for years. She’s upbeat, entertaining, insightful, and of course, very cute! I’ve always felt like Julie was a friend, and now that she’s come on board and joined the TFA team, she’s also a partner.

Julie has graciously agreed to help us out in several areas that I’ve been wanting to participate in more actively but just haven’t been able to do on my own; Facebook, Twitter, Ravelry… with Julie taking the wheel, hopefully it’ll be easier to keep everyone updated on what’s new and exciting at TFA! Julie’s got lot’s of great ideas, she’ll be helping out with the blog from time to time. Tomorrow you’ll see TFA Tuesdays making a comeback. It’s only appropriate that she take them over since her awesome Modification Monday posts were the inspiration for TFA Tuesday in the fist place. Together we’ll come up with all sorts of other fun projects to work on together, so things will no doubt get exciting!

For me, one of the best things about having Julie on the team is the fact that like me, she just loves to knit and loves to share her knitting. She gets excited about yarn, colour and design, and she is the perfect person to bounce ideas off of. TFA has grown slowly and organically. Having Julie join the team feels very natural, like it was meant to be. I knew that I had met a kindred spirit way back in ’09 when I sent her an e-mail about how pretty her wedding dress was, and how I was looking at the same one for my own wedding, to which she casually suggested that I just wear hers! Like it was the most natural thing in the world.

Julie will share her two cents on joining the team on Wednesday. TFA is growing, it’s still the same old colour loving little company that it’s always been, we’re just getting more organized. With one more enthusiastic team member things can only get better from here!