Wednesday 2 June 2010

TFA Tuesday - Lace wrap for Kate

So, I'm a little late with this week's TFA Tuesday post. Last night as I was lying in bed drifting off to sleep I remembered that I hadn't posted! I came very close to jumping out of bed to come and blog, but then came to my senses and realized that you guys are all very reasonable and understanding and would be patient enough to wait an extra day for a post.

Anyways... here it is! This week I am very excited to be able to share a project that was knit out of one of my new yarns for 2010! This is the beautiful Alpine Knit Scarf with Double Rose Leaf Center Pattern and Diamond Border (kind of a mouthful!) from Victorian Lace Today knit in TFA Silver Label Mulberry Silk yarn in the Peacock colourway. The very talented knitter behind this project is Jen (aka: Swimmingly on Ravelry). Here is her project page for this shawl.


I love this colourway. Peacock has always been one of my personal faves and I love seeing it knit up into beautiful FO's like this one.

I have had Victorian Lace Today sitting among my collection of knitting books for a couple of years now, and I don't know why I have yet to knit a single thing from it. This may be just the push I need to dust off my copy and pick a new project to cast on, in Peacock no less!