Thursday 18 February 2010

Sweetheart Socks

Thanks to everyone who left such nice comments on my post about my new sweater! I should have mentioned it before, but the pattern is Design 16 from Noro Collection Book 3 by Jenny Watson. I've knit two patterns from this book so far. The patterns are really lovely and high-light the gorgeous multicoloured Noro yarns beautifully, but I think that they would be equally nice knit in solid yarns too.

On Valentine's Day, after our huge day of making wedding invitations, I cast on for the Sweetheart Sock.

This pattern is from Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2007, many people probably bought the issue for the Koolhaas pattern (myself included) but there are many other lovely designs it there! When I saw this pattern I thought that it might be one of the prettiest socks I've ever seen, and now that I'm finally knitting it, I believe that even more. This sock is beautiful.