Thursday 31 December 2009

Last FO of 2009!

2009 has been a pretty significant year for me. In the next couple of days I'll do a proper look back on all that's happened in my life and knitting this year. But today, I can officially post about my last FO of 2009. I finished Richie's Koolhaas in time for Christmas and got him over here today to photograph it, and last night I finished my very own Koolhaas. It's the 4th time I've knit this pattern (and surely not the last) but the first time that I've knit it for myself. In the photo bellow, Richie's Christmas gift is on the right, in TFA Green Label in Stormy, and mine is on the left, in Punta Yarns Mirasoft. (Mine isn't really that much bigger then his, I took the photo at a weird angle because the light was very bright! I don't actually have a giant head.)


I asked Chris and his brother to model the hats for me, they happily agreed, and seemed to really enjoy it... maybe a little too much, it was hard to get even one shot where they weren't cracking jokes or shooting me their best "blue steel" modeling face.


I have to say, I think that my Green Label yarn suits this pattern very nicely, Richie's hat will hopefully last him years. It's stretchy and comfortable, machine washable and solid. I don't think that my hat will weather the years as well. It was my first time knitting with this yarn, and though I think that the colour is beautiful, the yarn is incredibly soft and it's very comfortable to wear, it totally dyed my fingers and finger nails blue while I was knitting and is already pilling. These super soft single ply yarns are gorgeous, but I haven't figured out what they are best used for... Still, a beautiful hat that will last me this season is a nice treat.


Happy New Year to everyone! Thanks for stopping by my blog this year, see you in 2010!