Monday 16 January 2012

Possibly the world greatest socks

DK Scrappy Sock party

Yup, these socks are pretty awesome. I am really glad I got the urge to drop everything and knit these last week. Sure, there were a lot of ends to weave in, but I don't mind sewing in ends, it's just another type of needlework that I get to enjoy. And in the case of these socks, it was deffinitely worth the effort. 

DK Scrappy Sock party

Knit in TFA Yellow Label DK, these knit up really quickly on 3.25mm dpn's. I knit them top down, I cast on 56 sts, and then decreased down to 48 for the foot because though I am fine with a slightly slouchy leg, I wanted a snug fit throughout the foot. I knit in stripes and super simple fair isle motifs as the mood struck me. I had no rules, I just tried to use as many colours as possible and make the second sock as bright and fun as the first. 

DK Scrappy Sock party

These socks are probably too big to wear with my winter boots on a daily basis, but I'm sure they would come in handy if I were to spend the day outdoors tobogganing or cross country skiing. For now I'm just wearing them around the house and am very, very happy everytime look down at my feet and see these colourful gems.