Sunday 10 April 2011

Crochet progress

Blanket in progress

Last weekend was spent working on my Flower's in the Snow crocheted afghan. I began with lots of multicoloured circles, and a little 3 x 3 square that already had the white border crocheted on. By the end of the weekend I had successfully crocheted 94 more circles together. My blanket was 10 x 10 squares. 

Blanket in progress

I'm crocheting the blanket exactly as the pattern suggests. First by making tons of little circles, then by connecting them as I crochet the white border on, absolutely no sewing! I think that a lot of people are turned off of crochet because of all the ends that need to be woven in, and there are a lot! But I've found that once I get going and am in the zone, it's just part of the routine. I sew in the ends as I'm working, every time I cut a strand and start a new one I sew the end in, that way I'm not faced with hundreds of ends to sew in at the same time, and it seems to go very smoothly, it hasn't bothered me at all. 

Blanket in progress

Since I took these 10 x 10 photo's my blanket has grown, it's now 11 x 11. I'm aiming for a finished size of 12 x 16, plus a generous border. I've almost run out of the circle 'flower' portion and am now making more whenever the mood strikes me. I started crocheting circles on on May 3rd of last year, I might be able to finish it in exactly 1 year! If not, at least it's a fun goal to strive for.