Tuesday 1 February 2011

February

I'm working on lot of projects these days. Well, actually, not lots of knitting projects really, more like lots of ideas. I've suddenly been hit by a huge surge of creative inspiration. I don't know where it came from, but all of a sudden I've got lots of ideas for sweaters and designs that I want to work out. Up until recently I've been very happy to knit great patterns designed by others and perhaps modify them slightly to fit me, but that was it. I never had a huge desire to design myself, but now, I've got so many ideas that I'm excited about and I wish I had more knitting time in the day to work them all out!


Lately I've been working mostly on a cable-y aran weight sweater. My swatch above was knit in sand, but I'm knitting my sweater in a groundbreaking new colourway I'm developing for spring called - wait for it - Natural. Yup, it's undyed, natural coloured yarn. And I'm really into it right now. For a hand dyer obsessed with colour this is very strange indeed. But, I can't fight it. I'm more than half way done my sweater and I am very excited about it. It's 100% my own design and if all works out as planned, and there is absolutely no guaranteeing that it will, this sweater will be awesome. 

I've also been slowly but steadily plugging along at all the re-photographing of our yarns for the website. Today I tackled a bunch of lace weight yarn and I am so smitten with the resulting photos. Doesn't this skein of seabreeze just make you want to eat it!? It looks like a dollop of seabreese coloured whipped cream.


And this skein of teal, it really reminds me of a happy little Buddha. Something about the way it's twisted reminds me of crossed arms. Scrumptious.


I don't knit with lace weight yarn often, but after having played with it all afternoon I'm seriously wondering why. I've added a few new ooak skeins of lace weight yarn to the etsy shop today in honour of my newly renewed love of lace.