Wednesday 31 October 2012

November KAL starts at midnight!

The November TFA KAL starts tonight at midnight! I certainly won't be up to cast on that late, but I do plan on getting started on one of my 4 KAL projects tomorrow. I dug through the stash and picked out a few options. 

IMG_2063

When I say my "TFA stash" people often wonder what I mean by that. I have an endless supply of TFA yarn at my fingertips, which is awesome, but I also have a few bins full of partially used skeins, not-quite-fit-to-sell skeins and One Of A Kind skeins that were too special to part with. I keep them in bins grouped by weight, and those bins are what I consider my "TFA stash". Above is my bin of Aran/Worsted weight yarn. 

Below is my bin of DK weight yarn:

IMG_2062

And these are the yarns that I have earmarked for my KAL projects:

IMG_2064

The pile of purples on the left will become a hat for my almost-seven year old God-daughter Abby. It will have hearts and earflaps and be adorable and girly! The grey/purple skein in the center is for my Smooth Sailing Hat. I'll be adapting my Smooth Sailing Baby Blanket pattern into a hat. And the pile of blues on the right is for my aran weight version of my Adhara shawl. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the shawl plays out at the larger gauge. 

I'm also knitting a hat for Abby's little brother, it will be out of DK in a mish-mash of bits that I haven't decided on yet. Sort of like a hat version of my awesome mismatched socks.

Happy knitting everyone! Can't wait to see all the WIP's popping up in the Ravelry threads!