Monday 1 October 2012

Club - Sept 2012

Sept 2012 - Spice!

The September installment of the Year in Colour Club featured this gorgeous design by Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting. These socks, called Arching Leaves, feature an impressive combination of leafy texture and scrumptious cables. Works of art!

IMG_1581

This month has seen me pull out my wool socks more than once, so it's the perfect time to get excited about sock knitting again! I cannot wait to wear my hand knit socks all winter, and with socks as pretty as this, I think that my feet would be extra warm and happy. Pretty socks make for happy feat right?

IMG_1543

The September colourway is called Spice and is dyed on my Blue Label Fingering Weight yarn. Everywhere I look these days I'm seeing this colour in the nature around me. A beautiful warm orange shade that is just perfect for this time of year. 

Sept 2012 - Spice!