Thursday 3 March 2011

Spring colours

I've got a couple new projects on the needles. Looking at them today I couldn't help but notice that they are all lovely, cheerful and springy in their colours. First up, I'm knitting yet another dipped yoke pullover. Like my Dipped Infinity and my Dark and Stormy, this time the yoke is being worked in my favorite shade of Kureyon (#156) and is in reverse stockinette stitch. Simple texture.

Kureyon yoke for another dipped yoke pullover

Yesterday I became obsessed with the idea of knitting myself a Whispy cardigan in my Mulberry Silk yarn. I've already finished on sleeve and am working my way across the back. It's so shiny and pretty! I swatched in leftover purple silk from when I knit my mom her Mother of the Bride shawl. Next to the Tidal sleeve it really looks like spring flowers to me!


Whispy Cardigan

Then this morning I got an e-mail from a good friend announcing that she is expecting a baby girl! We already knew that they were having a baby, but now that I know that it's a girl I have the perfect first knit for her. The Maile cardigan, simple and sweet and oh so snuggly knit up in Purple Label Cashmere

Lilac

I've been wanting to knit something in Lilac for a while now, it's been jumping off the shelves at me. This is the perfect little project.

Lilac