Tuesday 28 December 2010

TFA Tuesday - tesha's Royal Flush

Wow, Christmas has already come and gone. Though I still have my siblings in town and I'm still wearing my pajama's so I'm still feeling very festive!

This week's TFA Tuesday features a simple but lovely and practical pair of socks knit by Tesha (Ravelry Link, Blog Link) in TFA Yellow Label DK weight yarn in Royal Flush.


The reason I've chosen this knit is because I've recently become a convert to the brilliance of a heavier weight, hand knit sock. I knit a pair of socks for my soon to be sister in law in a heavier than fingering weight gauge for Christmas and she loves them! She is always cold, especially her hands and feet, when she put on her sportweight socks she looked immediately warm and happy. She commented on how much she liked them and how warm her feet were, and I know she was telling the truth because she didn't even put on slippers! Next year I'll make her a pair of TFA Yellow Label socks, maybe even in this exact pretty cabled pattern, they knit up fast, they are toasty warm and are a perfect gift.