Thursday 19 November 2009

Aqua colourway

I've spent a good part of this fall putting together Fiddlehead Mitten Kits. I am forever staring at tiny little skeins of yarn lined up in pleasing colour combinations. Yesterday I decided that it was high time I had my own pair to sport this winter! I picked my favorite colourway and cast on.


I've got one completed outer mitt and I hope to have it's mate done tonight. I've photographed it inside out because in the final FO shots it will surely be right side out, and the inside is just too lovely to be ignored. I love this colourway. I know that a lot of people have been skeptical of the bright yellow, but I think it really makes it sing.

Knitting with colour always excites me. Though I love this colour combination, I can't help but want to cast on for several other potential combo's all at the same time. That's the great thing about knitting with colour, the possibilities are endless!