Thursday 29 October 2009

Little Miss Greenjeans

Last week, after frogging my Beaumont Beanie, I decided to totally ignore my list of Fall knitting and cast on for something totally unplanned. Three days and only 2 skeins of Green Label yarn in Peacock later, I had this lovely little number. (Sorry about the off center composition!)

Little Miss Greenjeans by Amy Swenson. I was so excited when I saw this pattern on Ravelry, not only is it adorable, but the sample was knit in my yarn! It was a lovely surprise. I won't say who I knit this sweater for, because her mom is a regular visitor to my blog and I don't want to ruin the surprise for her, but I will say that it's a size 4, and I know that the recipient will look adorable in it! I kind of feel like I should get her these knee highs to wear with her sweater, it would be too cute with a little jean skirt!

This sweater was a really quick and totally cute knit. I love how far 2 skeins of yarn can take you when you're knitting for kids. I wish I had more little girls to knit for, little girl knits are definitely the sweetest.