Thursday 29 January 2009

Thermis

I never thought that I was a cowl person, but when I saw this cowl I decided to give it a try. It's simple, it's effective, and it's the perfect opportunity to use a pair of fantastic buttons that I bought at the Purple Purl. 

Here's a close up of the buttons, I wish I had a never ending supply of them!


I bought a skein of Malabrigo to knit this pattern in, it's a beautiful wine shade, and though I love it, I decided to knit it with yarn I already had in my stash, it's Elann Peruvian Highland wool , it's certainly not as soft as Malabrigo, but it matches my hat and mitts and ties the whole look together and makes me actually match! I'm not really a stickler for matching winter accessories, but I do feel more put together when I wear this combo. It's almost as if I planned it!