Thursday 23 August 2012

Small Victories

IMG_1497

I finally finished this Clara dress. I had planned on finishing it as one of several Ravellenic Games projects, but I was on vacation during the Ravellenic Games, we don't have a tv at the cottage, I was completely not following the Olympics (which I really missed because I LOVE the Olympics) and I didn't knit while on vacation at all. I'm not entirely surprised by this. I always pack enough knitting to last me at least 4 months when I go out of town, and I rarely knit while I away, I think it's because I'm so used to my routine here at home. I have my knitting nook all set set up in my living room (I only ever knit in one spot in my house, the same corner of my sofa, no exceptions!) and when I'm out of my knitting routine I just never seem to be able to find a new knitting mojo. 

Anyways, thrilled to be able to call this little dress done, but I'm not super pleased with the colour... I loved this skein, it was so multifaceted and pretty, but knit up it's left me feeling kind of bleh... I think it's the brown bits, they're just not working for me. I haven't blocked the sweater or sewn on a button yet because I'm considering over-dyeing the whole thing a slightly darker purple to play down the browns. But then again, maybe I just need to sit back and live with it for a bit, maybe it will grow on me. Stay tuned!

IMG_1501

The good thing about finishing up the Clara dress is that I was able to use the leftover yarn to finish knitting the sleeves of my Watercolour Blank Canvas Baby sweater. This little number is hitting all the right marks for me. I love everything about it and plan on finishing it tonight so I can block it, add a few buttons and have another wee FO. This was another project that was supposed to be part of my WIP Wrestling for the Ravellenic Games... 

IMG_1502

This last image has nothing to do with knitting, but I finally finished reading this epic novel, Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I started reading this book in February I think, and just finished it yesterday. It's nearly 1200 pages, and took me forever to really get into. After the first few hundred pages, I really started enjoying it. I consider it a real personal victory that I actually finished it. Yay me!