Wednesday 22 February 2012

Mint Sea Scarf

Mint Sea scarf

I knit this scarf way back in July (you can see me working on it when we were at Julie's cottage here). It's simple, looks great on both sides, is squishy, cozy and warm... and it has buttons! What more could you ask for!?

Mint Sea scarf

For this project I used 1 skein each of Green Label Aran Weight yarn in Seabreeze and Spearmint. It is a wide, rectangular scarf with lots of eyelets, so I added some buttons to one end so there is lots of flexibility in terms of how you chose to wear it. 

I'm not sure what I like more about this scarf, the buttons or the endless colour possibilities! I chose to knit mine in two soft and similar shades, but it would also look awesome done up in two highly contrasting colourways. 

Mint Sea scarf

It's hard to tell from these pictures, but I'm actually wearing very bright and bold fuchsia lipstick! It has taken me a long time to feel comfortable wearing bright shades on my lips. For years I was a lip-gloss addict, and though I sported some bright and sparkly glosses, they never have the same intensity of pigment as a real lipstick. They're always a bit translucent. It's funny, because though I still don't think that I look quite right in red lipstick and don't know that I'll ever feel comfortable in it, I have completely fallen in love with hot pink's and even purple-y shades. Go figure!