Thursday 21 January 2010

Peacock Plumage Handspun

I know that I'm repeating some of the photo's of this lovely roving from my last post. But now that this roving has been spun in to singles, plied into a 2-ply yarn, skeined, soaked and dried I felt like doing a little photographic recap of the process from beginning to end.

Hand dyed superwash merino roving by dkKnits:



Carefully spun singles:



Finished 2-ply yarn. 102g = 370yds!


I've realized that whenever I finish a skein of handspun, I always look at it, admire my hard work, and then think to myself, "this is lovely, but it would be nicer if it had more turquoise in it." Possibly the only time I didn't think that was when I spun this.


The more I look at it, the more I love it! And though I think it's possible that I might like it even more if it were more turquoise and less green, I still think it's stunning just the way it is.