Friday 14 June 2013

Our Day at the Farm

IMG_5744
Sara Caracristi, me & Rowan and Jenna Rose
FenwickFarm4
FenwickFarm1
FenwickFarm2
FenwickFarm3
Last week Chris, Rowan and I went off together on our first adventure. This adventure involved about seven hours in the car spread over two days and an overnight stay at my brother's house. It was a big deal for us and it went off without a hitch! A small step for mankind, but a huge step for Chris and I as new parents. 

The main purpose of our trip was to get together with a couple of my best friends. Last year Jenna and Jeff moved from the city to the country. They now live on a farm, own a cheese business and among other things they have 3 adorable piglets! I've mentioned Jenna here before, she is a textile artist and makes the most beautiful products with her hand dyed and screen printed fabrics under the label Jenna Rose. They've converted the old sheep barn into her studio. It's beautiful. Jeff runs the cheese business, Back Forty Artisan Cheese. His cheese is made with Sheep's milk, and are hands down the best cheeses I've ever tasted. If you're ever in an area where you are lucky enough to find them, don't even think about it, just buy them, eat them with a pear and thank me later. 

Oh, and I guess I should mention the archery! Jeff has a compound bow and of course the guys were super keen on getting a little archery lesson from him. We discovered that Chris is left eye dominant, but with a right handed bow he had to aim with his right eye (I think). Bottom line, we also discovered that Chris can't close his left eye! He's exclusively a right eye winker apparently. So Jenna rigged him this awesome bandana eye patch so he could aim with accuracy. He was a natural and hit the target every time!