Friday 20 April 2012

Handspun Garter Yoke Baby Sweater

Handspun yoke cardigan

Every time I finish a wee little baby sweater I block it, sew on the buttons and I think to myself: "This is it, this is the cutest little thing I've ever seen. I can't possibly knit anything any sweeter." But eventually I cast on for another little sweater and I end up feeling exactly the same way about it. This little guy is no exception. I'm gaga over it. The handspun paired with Frost DK. The contrasting colour bind off on all the hems. Those perfect buttons that look like they have glimmering drops of water on them. Sigh... it's almost too much. 

Handspun yoke cardigan

Knitting this sweater made me realize how much I love handspun yarn. It never disappoints. So full of texture and intrigue. I think I might carve out a bit of time this weekend to do some more spinning. 

Handspun yoke cardigan

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. I hope to spend mine spinning, knitting, cleaning out my garden and generally chillaxing.  

Handspun yoke cardigan

Pattern: Garter Yoke Baby Jacket by Jennifer Hoel.
Ravelry project page here