Tuesday 20 March 2012

French Braid Sneak Peek!

French Braid detail1

I've had this cardigan design in my head for a few months. It just kind of hung out in there, I'd think of it every once in a while, maybe even consider picking up a skein of yarn and knitting a quick swatch... but then I'd get distracted, start something else, and forget about it until this sweater popped into my head again. Then, all of a sudden, I had a vision of this sweater (not an unusual thing, I have visions of sweaters all the time) but this time I was just compelled to get on it. I dyed up the yarn (Green Label Aran Weight in a Frost, *coming soon!*) and cast on. It wasn't all smooth sailing, but it was worth it. The sweater is complete, it's exactly what I wanted and I've been living in it.  

Chris and I ventured out yesterday and took some FO shots. I'm working on the pattern now and hope to have it ready soon!

Can we talk about how awesome the weather has been? And it's supposed to stay nice all week, amazing. It's hard to pick a favorite season, but I think that if I was forced to, I'd say spring. I know, most knitter's go with fall, but I love the first taste of warm sun, the excitement of seeing things start to bloom, finally being able to leave the house without it being a major production involving multiple layers and winter accessories. Yup, spring is pretty much the best. 

Happy spring!