Tuesday 14 December 2010

TFA Tuesday - Mayapof's mitts

This week's TFA Tuesday post is special to me for several reasons. First, it features mittens! And I just love mittens. Second, all these mittens were knit by my little brother Vincent's friend Maya (Mayapof on Ravelry). Maya has been following my blog and knitting with my yarns ever since she met Vince. I'm touched that Vince talks about me and my knitting/yarns to his friends. When I was visiting Vince in Vancouver last month I got the chance to meet Maya and she is lovely! We talked about knitting, I looked at her knitting books, admired her knits, drank tea from her extremely expansive tea collection, good times were had by all!


Maya has become quite the two-coloured mitten designer! The Totoro Mittens were designed by Brella, and Maya designed the Space Invaders and Japanese Fan mitts featured here today and knit them all in TFA Green Label Aran weight yarn.


I love this pair she knit for her fiancĂ©. If I remember correctly he works in software/video games, so these custom mitts are so perfect for him! 


And these japanese fan mitts are stunning. On her Ravelry project page Maya has said that she will write up the pattern for all these mitts soon. I think that these could become an instant classic, they are beautiful!