Tuesday 1 September 2009

Midnight Porom

With the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitters Fair now less than two weeks away (gulp!) I've had to put my Kureyon sock yarn cardigan on hold in favour of knitting samples for my booth out of my own yarns. Here's a project I've been meaning to knit for a while, Brooklyn Tweed's Porom:

I knit it in my Yellow Label dK weight yarn in the Midnight colourway. I really like how the yarn and pattern work together. They're a good fit. The hat is designed to have quite a bit of slouch, but I think that it's a tad too slouchy for me. Maybe if I had bigger hair, or a bigger head... I think I'll knit this pattern again, but next time I'd go down a needle size (I knit the ribbing on 4mm's and the body on 5mm's.)


I have a friend who loves slouchy hat's, so this may get gifted to her.


And just because Chris and I never get tired of the hilarity that ensues every time we put hats on Stella...