Sunday 31 May 2009

Ribbon of Hope Socks

I'm finished knitting my Ribbon of Hope socks! I love them!

Knit in Tanis Fiber Arts Blue Label Fingering Weight in the Sweet Heart Colourway. These socks are being donated to a fundraiser that is raising money for the Montreal General Hospitals oncology unit. I don't think I've ever knit a more important pair of socks. 


The sad thing about knitting these socks is that while I was knitting them and enjoying the pattern I was thinking about people in my life that I could make them for, and I came up quite a few people. I wish I didn't know anyone that these were appropriate for. So many of us are touched by cancer.

On a related note. I got an excited phone call from Connie at Pick Up Sticks last week. She's organizing a February Lady Sweater knit-a-long using a custom colourway of my Green Lable Aran weight yarn in a lovely shade called We Wear Red! 25% of the proceeds are going to the Heart Truth foundation. What a perfect excuse to knit a great pattern in a hot colour! I love a good cause!