This afghan was my introduction to Noro yarns. I saw the pattern on Knitty, I loved the colours and the wavy lines, and I decided that I was ready for a big project. I guess you could call it a good thing that I didn't realize what I was getting myself into when I begun, because if I had, I probably wouldn't have started it. It wasn't the knitting that was hard, that part was fun and just flew by, it was the cost of the yarn, and the addictive qualities of the whole thing! On an artists budget, 24 balls of Kureyon don't come cheap! I decided to make it an on-going project, when Kureyon went on sale or when I felt like I deserved it I'd buy myself a ball and knit up a square, that way it made the project last longer too, because unless I purposely tried to slow down and take my time and really appreciate this project, I could just zip right through it! All in all, it took me about a year from begining to end (actually, I still have to learn how to crochet so I can add the border) but it was well worth it. I tried to use a different colour of Kureyon for every square, I think I may have repeated one or two colours because I had forgotten what ones I already had. The balls are all so different though that you really don't notice. I brought this blanket to last months knit together at my LYS and everyone loved it! Apparently 3 people from the group have already begun there own versions of the project.
Here are a few pictures:
The camera really doesn't do the colours justice, it's gorgeous and I love it!