Thursday 25 March 2010

handspun socks

I feel like I have blogged about this yarn about a million times already! (ok, maybe only 6 times.) Now I'm going to blog about it for a 7th time because I have an FO in it!

Plain, simple, top-down handspun socks. Really fun and quick to knit because I was always looking ahead to see what colour would come next.

First ever handspun socks!


The 2 socks are definitely not identical twins, but I kind of prefer my multicoloured socks to be fraternal twins anyways.

First ever handspun socks!


So, to answer a question posed in one of my earlier postings about this yarn... was it worth all the time it took me to spin this 3 ply? Absolutely! I am so proud to be able to wear socks that I knit out of yarn that I spun myself! (Not that I'm actually wearing them, for now they are still only for admiring!) And I still have just over 120g (475 yds) of yarn left to make into a shawl. That being said, I've put the remaining yarn on the shelf for a while, I won't be blogging about it again for a bit, I think we could all use a little break from having to type/read Crabby McCrabbypants!

First ever handspun socks!